Everyday English# 01
- Long time no see.= Yeah, right
- It’s been long time since we met.=Yeah, right
- Are you surprised to see me?=No, it’s ok.
- I’ve heard a lot about you.=Really!
- I was under the impression that you won’t come more =Why do you think so? Take it easy.
- Please have a seat.=Thanks a lot.
- Please have something cold.=No, thanks/It’s a good idea!
- Thanks for your invitation. =It’s fine.
- Just tea will do.=Ok, I’m giving you.
10.Will you have rice?=No, thanks.
11.Never mind, I’ll dine out today.=Ok, it’s all right.
12.You are so nice. =Really! Thanks a lot.
13.Please, wait here till I’m back.=Ok, please come back soon
14.Okay, it will be so.=Thank you
15.Let’s have a stroll.=Wao! Let’s go!/Opps! Never mind, I’ve to do another job
16.Would you spend the whole day with me?=Sorry, I won’t be able to stay with you whole day.
- Sorry, I won’t be able to stay with you whole day.=Ok, that’s all right