A MUTUAL ACTIVITY
As teachers, our primary goals are for students to try hard and behave in our classes. If we can make that happen, then being popular is a good thing.
Here are some activities to win student support:
– Try to be a popular teacher
– Get to know your students
– Think about the student’s confidence
– Make support on good days
– Listen to students
Teachers become popular by building good relationships with their students. Offering positive support, being reliable, smiling, and listening to their concerns all help to gain students’ trust and friendship.
Skilled teachers are acquainted with the value of having good relationships with students.
The aim of the activity is to state their information to each other in order to get the complete text. I think the activities will really be great to create a dynamic and successful classroom.
– Get the students into a pair work activity
– Tell them they each have part of a text to complete the text without looking at each other’s worksheet.
– Tell them they do this by taking it in turns to read part of their text.
– At the end you can get students to compare their two halves of the text and correct any mistakes.
A pair work activity works particularly well with learners of all and it is especially appropriate for low level students. Teachers may also create tactics that take in the whole school or college community. For example: Parade of Nations, World Culture Day, Show and tell etc. A teacher can allow students to share their findings. S/he can encourage the students to come up with examples of prejudice, label, discrimination, and partiality.When students feel their teacher is a caring person, then the classroom becomes a happier place for everyone. Keeping up good quality relationships between teachers and students is an all around winning suggestion as it develops an environment where real learning can take place.